Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: southern California
07-25-2012, 07:56 AM
1. Are you using the http proxy? (aka content filter aka web security) --there can be some delays added, especially if doing anti-virus scanning.
take a look at the web log to see if some of the packets are getting blocked.
2. the IPS and some other features can cause slowdowns. Check your hardware graphs, including CPU and RAM utilization.
Run 'top' during a data transfer and see if there is high CPU utilization.
disable the IPS and application detection, and see if there's any difference
3. how fast is your internet connection?
4. what is your CPU and RAM configuration?
5. take a look at the IPS log to see if some of the packets are getting blocked.
6. what kind of connection are you using (PPPoE or Ethernet)?
Are you using a VPN?
maybe your MTU is wrong.
IT Consultant specializing in high-performance Web Infrastructure and Security.
Astaro End-user since v1.x
- ASL 9.2x, HP DL360G5 - FW, IPS, VPNs
- ASL 9.2x, 2 Dell 1950's as WAF/proxy w HA
- UTM 9.1x, Atom n270, 2GB RAM, 2 Intel GigE
Netgear GS108T gigE switch & Astaro AP30 Access Point with 4 VLANs.
60/60mbit FiOS internet.
- Pending - UTM 9.2x, i5-4670, 4GB RAM, 2 Intel GigE
Needs new NIC drivers before deploying